Time for the first proper blog post from your friend overseas. It has been a busy busy last few days. It feels like I have been on the move since I left, which I guess I have been.
The flight over was LONG. I flew over my final destination and arrive in Zurich with near 6 hours to waste. I was so tired as it was 10am Euro time but 1am our time. The Zurich airport has a wonderful little place that rents out day beds by the hour so I broke down and paid to have a little room to myself to take a bit of a rest followed by a wonderful shower. Completely worth it.
My flight to London touched down near 4:00 their time and I made it through customs no problems with only a slight comment about my chosen profession.
My hostel was located in a very nice district of Westminster that seemed to house some rather well off people. I looked at some local real estate ads and flats there run up 500 000 pounds. And these are not even houses.
Although I wanted to sleep I decided it was better to head into the city and see at least one of the sights as there was no way I would see everything you are 'supposed to see' in my limited time the next day.
I headed off to find the Palace. It was pretty impressive, though I was severely disappointed that the beefeater guys move around and don't just stand there like statues, I feel I have been misled my whole life.
Day two I spent probably 6+ hours walking around London. It was nice to see the things that you always hear about but I have to say I was not that excited by any of it. Maybe it was still just a little too English.
I met up with Ilona, a friend of a friend and she gave me some excellent tips on things to do in Paris. It was nice to be able to sit down and talk to a friendly face.
I have already made my way to Paris and will be here until July 4th. It is incredibly warm and yes it is dirty. But it is spectacular. More info to come.
For those of you not on facebook, here is a link to my photos from London:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=450351&id=529025075&l=1ace038345
Will post again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment